JVL Consulting recherche un.e Assistant Event Manager - 2022
JVL Consulting Department of SHER s.a./Artelia group is a leading European Development Consulting firm, providing technical assistance and project management services in Europe, Africa and Asia. With over 35 years of experience, JVL is specialized in providing support to international financing institutions, such as the European Commission, The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank as well as national institutions and private clients. As a multidisciplinary company, JVL provides comprehensive technical advice and project management services across its main areas of activities: animal health and food safety.
In the frame of its training activities, JVL Consulting Department of SHER s.a./Artelia group organizes seminars and trainings in the field of animal health and food safety on behalf of DG SANTE - the European Commission.
JVL Consulting is looking for an
Assistant Event Manager
The selected candidate will be involved in the management of the on-going BTSF projects (Better training for safer food projects http://ec.europa.eu/HADEA/food/about.html), following the entire project cycle from the preparation to the follow-up after the event. He/she will be also in charge of the business development activities (acquisition of new BTSF and similar projects):
- Management of Virtual Classroom events - until the end of Covid 19 emergency;
- Organisation of accommodation, catering, social events, training venue, study visits, technical/logistic information, follow up of participants, management of the budget, taxi and bus transfers, etc.
- Technical coordination (training program preparation and/or confirmation; coordination of the Tutors team for the preparation of presentations, submission and validation by client/amendments according to comments, coordination of the workshops training material, etc.)
- Participation to the trainings (on site for 4-6 days) and management of the training (logistic part of the event, follow up of participants, distribution of training material, quality control, EC visibility arrangement, etc.)
- Follow-up after training (writing of training reports for the European Commission, analysis of evaluation sheets, follow up of invoices, etc.)
Requested profile and qualifications
- Degree in languages / translation / communication-event management / political sciences-international relationships / European studies / management science-tourism or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Applicants without near‐native level of English will not be considered;
- Relevant professional and/or student experience in event organization is a strong asset;
- Working knowledge of a second foreign language (German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch) is a strong asset;
- Availability to travel up to twice a month;
- Hands‐on approach, sense of initiative, sensitivity and willingness to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent organizational skills, rigorous and able to work under pressure;
- Computer literacy: good knowledge of MS Word and Exce
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Fabiana Quadu, Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. The selected candidates will be informed on their selection within the first week of September (5th to 9th of September) and invited for an interview within that first week of September.
JVL Consulting/SHER s.a./Rue Jean Matagne, 15/5020 Vedrin